WELCOME TO THE INVEST GRAND BAHAMA SMALL BUSINESS BUREAU (IGBSBB)
Grand Bahama’s first and only ‘true’ complete business resource center, offering a one-stop-shop service to entrepreneurs and existing businesses.
The Bureau’s activities are guided by our mission to facilitate the development and sustain growth of Freeport’s small business community, through initiatives that Educate, Support, Expose and Empower SMEs to operate competitively.
Starting, managing and growing a successful business is never easy, but it is possible. The GBSBB makes it achievable, by providing services targeted toward business growth, sustainability and enhancing the creation of new businesses start-ups.
Our team of seasoned professionals offer more than 45 years of experience in the areas of Business Development and consulting, Business Services, Financial Planning & Management, Training, Funding Facilitation and more.
The Grand Bahama Small Business Bureau (GBSBB) was created in 2009 as past of GBPA’s Business Development Department.
Its missions is to provide persons seeking to or currently operating a small business on Grand Bahama Island with a variety of resources to improve their prospects for successful, independent operation and to do so in conjunction with complimentary programs that exist in the community.
Since its inception, the GBSBB has launched numerous initiatives to assist small business start-ups including:
- GBPA’s Shared Space Initiatives
- Warehouse Storage Space
- 50% off Licence Fee Discount
- 1st Year’s Licence Fee Waiver – Bazaar
- Direct Assistance Grant Scheme (in collaboration with Caribbean Export Development Agency)
The IGBSBB offers an array of services to assist both new and existing business, including management consultations, training and a variety of other resources, necessary for stability and success, including:
- Development of a Comprehensive Business Plan
- Analyzing Cash Flow and Financial Projections
- Financing Options /Securing Grant Funding
- Grant Proposal Writing
- Creating a targeted marketing plan
- Market Research and Analysis
We also offer a comprehensive training and workshop schedule; covering both classroom and online courses. Topics include:
- Fundamentals of Starting a Business
- Developing a Business Plan
- Introduction to QuickBooks
- Basic Record keeping and Accounting
- Customer Service Training
- Human Resource Management
- Product Development
‘Focus Forward’ is a 30-minute talk show sponsored by the Invest Grand Bahama unit of the Grand Bahama Port Authority. The show broadcasts every Thursday at 11:00 a.m. on KISS 96.1FM and Facebook Live on the Invest Grand Bahama Small Business Bureau Page.
Its purpose is to highlight the positive impact individuals and organizations are making in the city of Freeport through initiatives, projects, events.